The father of murdered blogger Yameen Rasheed within the Maldives has accused police of looking to cowl up the case and appealed to the United Nations for an investigation. Speaking to AFP on the UN Human Rights Council’s sidelines, Hussain Rasheed said he had come to Geneva “to raise my voice across the world and put the strain on the authorities to reap justice for my son.” “I think the UN can assist us in this,” he added.
Choking back tears, the 54-year-old recalled seeing the body of his son, who had been killed hours in advance at his home in Male using unidentified attackers. “My son became very brutally murdered,” he stated, shaking his head and pointing out that the 29-yr-vintage blogger “had such a lot of wounds, it turned into hard for me to count number.” Yameen Rasheed, who poked amusing at the Maldives’ politicians on his weblog The Daily Panic, turned into observed within the stairwell of his Male rental building with more than one stab wound chest and neck. He died in hospital. He had lodged lawsuits with the police about death threats he had received in December, but they have been no longer taken seriously. The Indian Ocean archipelago government has promised research into his death, and police closing month started making arrests. However, activists say they doubt the ones detained are really in the back of the killing.
READ MORE ARTICLES :
They additionally averted absolutely everyone from taking photos and had now not wondered anyone inside the constructing,
he claimed. Asked why police could deliberately botch the investigation, he stated: “The government is not on a democratic route right now; it’s going toward a dictatorship.” His comments got here a day after Adam Azim, the brother of jailed former defense minister Mohamed Nazim and one of the few vocal dissidents. Nonetheless, in us of a was arrested. Earlier this week, 30 international locations issued a statement criticizing the Maldivian regime earlier than the Human Rights Council, calling on u. S. A. To recognize basic freedoms.
The assertion also advised President Abdulla Yameen to make certain justice for Rasheed’s killing. He becomes the 1/3 media figure targeted in the bothered archipelago country inside the final 5 years. Blogger Ismail Rasheed narrowly escaped demise whilst he was stabbed by an unidentified attacker in 2012. A journalist with the impartial Minivan News, Ahmed Rilwan, become probable abducted in August 2014 and has been lacking ever given that. Blogger Or WordPress – How They Compare Bloggers: Should You Use Blogger.Com or WordPress?
Blogger.Com (also referred to as Blogspot) and WordPress are the 2 most used running blog structures today. Blogger.Com was a pioneer in running a blog enterprise, permitting customers to installation money owed and blog free of charge starting in 1999. Blogger.Com turned into bought with the aid of Google in 2003, which enabled it to develop the usage of Google’s sources. Today, Blogger.Com has an undisclosed number of thousands and thousands of customers blogging on their machine.
WordPress began in 2003 as the successor to every other (now enormously unknown) blogging device. It has because grow to be the blog platform of desire for maximum blogging specialists. There are presently over two million individuals who are energetic customers of WordPress.Com, and there are hundreds of thousands of others who’ve downloaded diverse versions of the WordPress code.
Using the Blogger setup mandates that your weblog be hosted on their servers. In assessment, blogs running on the WordPress platform can be hosted at WordPress.Com, or the WordPress software may be downloaded and used on your desire of internet hosts. Below are some of the important thing functions of Blogger.Com as opposed to the 2 variations of WordPress setups.
- Free web hosting for up to 1 GB worth of space
- Blog content is maintained on Blogger.Com web servers.
- Ability to pick and personalize templates (restrained flexibility)
- Easy to get began; easy to use
- Upload and shop photo files and video documents
- WordPress.Com Features
- Free web hosting for up to 3GB worth of space
- Blog content material is maintained on WordPress.Com web servers.
- Ability to pick and customize templates (restrained flexibility)
- Easy to get began; clean to apply
Upload and shop photo, video, and different (confined) report formats
– Don’t flatter. If you don’t read the blog regularly and are not a huge fan, don’t claim that you are. Buttering up a blogger to try to get coverage can backfire.
– Don’t be exceedingly familiar. Even though personal information about a blogger may be readily available, try not to think of them as your acquaintances. They may be completely ignorant of who you were and turned off by the informal nature of your email.
– Don’t leave advertorial comments. Be relevant and professional; otherwise, you’re going to make a bad name for yourself. Why? First, your comments are probably moderated anyway. Second, you are looking to establish a solid relationship with the blogger.
– Don’t put words into a blogger’s mouth. Present your information without telling them they will just love the subject of your pitch. Asking for their opinion on how useful it might be for their readers is the way to go.
– Don’t try to control the write-up. If a blogger bites at your tidbit, act as an assistant rather than as a director.
– Don’t retaliate. You have done everything correctly, but your news still hasn’t been featured. Refrain from sending an angry email reply unless you want to risk being ridiculed in a post. Bloggers are not obligated to write anything; they are the masters of their own domains. Don’t take their lack of interest personally.
– Don’t violate someone’s trust. If a blogger mentions your product or service, don’t assume it’s acceptable to use them in a future testimonial without their permission. You still need to ask. If you don’t, you will lose a potential advocate.