Our Indian culture and tradition is really something which strengthens our bond with our family. On every occasion, we try to be around the family members because of this special bond we carry. Among the religious and social festivals, some are solely dedicated to enhance our relationships. For example, rakhi is a wonderful festival which signifies the tie of a brother and sister. Karwa Chauth is another festival which stresses on beautifying the lovely relationship of a husband and wife. Once a devoted wife named Karwa kept fast for the safeguard and betterment of her husband’s condition and since that time this specific festival has remained an important part of our rich tradition.
Married women keep a day long fast and breaks it once the moon shows up in the sky. These rituals are followed for a longer life of a husband. The wife breaks her fast after offering the puja looking into the moon and the presence of husband is very important in this scenario. He feeds her food and water after the day long fast. There are a few husbands who keep the same fast for their wives.
The first Karwa Chauth of a married woman is really a special one. All the family members arrive to bless the newly wed with their Karwa Chauth gifts.
The gifts galore generally include all the symbols of the married status of a woman, like: Jewelry, henna/mehendi, lehenga-choli, saree, bangles, sindoor, pooja thali, mangal sutra, etc. But what difference your gifts would make? Think that and present something which would be worthy as well as treasured by the person. To keep pace with our traditional gifts, you can glamorize the gifts a bit.
1. If you are presenting a pooja thali, go for a thali that can be used for many years. A white marble thali with embellishments is just the right kind of Karwa Chauth gift.
2. If you are willing to present a mehendi/henna, we suggest you to go along with a mehendi decoration booklet which would make the work of applying mehendi easier.
3. Get lehenga choli from some eminent designer like Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, or Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
4. Seeds of a plant can be gifted so that she can plant it herself. Watering it daily would mean that just like taking care of her in-laws she is enriching the place with a noble deed of planting a tree. This one definitely sounds a different gift.
5. Some kitchen appliance like a juicer, mixer, grinder, or an OTG sounds good.
6. A wall art decal is also a different yet elegant type of gift.
Apply these gift ideas on Karwa Chauth for the woman whose only motto is to pray for the happiness of her husband and household.