Online grocery shopping has enabled new dimensions of providing convenience to consumers. You can order groceries online in Brooklyn, Queens, or anywhere in New York easily from an online grocery & get it delivered at your doorsteps. Going online not only allows businesses to reinforce their brand presence, it also allows them to cater to a wider geography when compared with physical stores.
- Convenience: In a generation of smart-phones, having an online availability matters. A strong online presence allows consumers across different generations to quickly browse for their needs & find them online on the go. E-commerce is all about convenience and we as consumers love it. There’s nothing like having the flexibility to be able to shop for groceries during wee hours
- Discounts: Online grocers tend to pass on deep discounts to its consumers to lure purchases. The businesses offer discounts on every-day items which are otherwise not offered by local stores. E-marketers rely on higher discounts to stand out from the crowd. Not only it helps you in saving more, it also ensures that you get great prices at all times
- Availability: One of the finest gifts of e-commerce is the ability to find your desired product from your preferred brand irrespective of the fact whether it is available in a nearby store or not. Today, you can buy what you want when you want it, and not end up compromising by buying or settling for a substitute or a close alternative. You can now get anything delivered at your doorstep from any part of the globe (literally!)
- Quality Products: In their attempt at being the obvious choice for your grocery needs, online grocers have shifted focus on not only offering their merchandise at lower than market prices, but also offering better quality products. Having a cheap product with a low quality doesn’t solve the purpose. Online groceries understand this and are procuring their materials directly from the origins and processing them to ensure a great quality. Many grocers also claim to procure their produce directly from the farms & passing them through multiple quality checks
- Savings: When you shop online, not only you save money in the form of discounts, you also save on the cost of manually visiting a store, spending time navigating through the aisles, paying up for the parking, and you also save yourself from indulging in impulsive buying for items that you may not necessarily require. With online shopping, savings on the basis of pricing is an understatement. You tend to save a lot on that notional expenditure
Online grocery shopping certainly has its merits and is rapidly a growing trend. More consumers are embracing it and many researchers & industry veterans are betting huge on its prospects.