Did you know that there are more than 400 distinctive infections that can cause illnesses, including common cold, seasonal flu virus, hepatitis, mononucleosis and even HIV among others? Many of us get a yearly flu inoculation, or influenza shot, yet this is just 80 percent powerful on account of the transforming strains of the flu infection. Also, these antibodies instruct the immune system in an inappropriate and unnatural way and often contain unsafe chemicals and additives that can prove harmful or fatal for the overall health in the long run. Fortunately, there are various powerful and effective antiviral medicinal plants that not only boost the immune system, reduce irritation and battle infections but also have other benefits like cardiovascular, digestive and anti-inflammatory support as recommended by Ayurveda. These ayurvedic herbs are used in the preparation of various ayurvedic medicines and ayurvedic home remedies.
Read about the following herbs in order to enlighten yourself on how to boost immunity using ayurvedic or natural herbs:
- Elderberry: Elderberry has a long, rich history of utilization for therapeutic advantages by various cultures. It battles diseases including flu, herpes, viral infections and bacterial diseases. An investigation distributed in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine reasoned that elderberry can be utilized as a secure treatment for influenza A and B. This is because of its adequacy on all strains of influenza virus that were tried, the clinical outcomes, its minimal cost and the non-appearance of side effects.
READ MORE ARTICLES :
Practically all parts of the elderberry can be utilized and its blossoms, bark, roots and leaves are frequently used for their astounding medical properties.
- Echinacea: Echinacea has turned out to be one of the best herbs to try for better or improved immunity. The consistent utilization of echinacea is favourable for immune support and overall well-being. There is significant proof proposing that phytochemicals in echinacea have the ability to minimize virus infections and tumors. This intense herb contains a compound called echinacein that prevents microscopic organisms and infections from entering healthy cells. This incredibly diminishes the odds of getting any kind of disease while consuming echinacea.
Some other benefits of echinacea incorporates its capacity to ease pain, reduce inflammation, improved skin issues, treat upper respiratory issues and improved psychological well-being.
- Astragalus: Adaptogenic astragalus is thought fit to fight stress and it contains anemia, which can enhance blood count. Add this herb to a soup of your choice to fight fatigue and boost your immune system during cold and influenza season.
- Garlic: A natural and pure decongestant, garlic is a powerful antioxidant with antiviral antibiotic and anti-microbial properties. Garlic can also be used during eye infections and as an ear infection remedy due to its effective antiviral properties. Moreover, it’s a flavourful ingredient that can be used for cooking purposes.
- Andrographis: Andrographis paniculata is also known as Kalmegh. It is an effective plant when it comes to prevent influenza, sore throat, fever and liver issues among people. The detoxifying properties of this herb helps purify the blood and strengthen the immune system in order to combat infections.