The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts an entrance test called SSC JE to recruit Junior Engineers in many Central Government Departments. It is conducted at a national level.is perfect for candidates who have a Diploma in Civil or Electrical or Mechanical engineering from an institution recognized by the Central Government or equivalent qualification. The examination takes place has 2 papers. Paper I is an online computer-based exam, and Paper II is an offline/written exam. Most of the candidates find it hard to prepare for such a huge exam. They often fail in choosing the right kinds of study materials and end up scoring low marks. Do not worry; we are here at your rescue! This article elaborates on how to prepare for SSC JE online. We have curated some of the best online websites/ test series/ study materials that you totally refer to. But before that, make sure you are thorough with SSC JE Exam Pattern. Here is a brief about it:
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper I
- Paper I is of 200 marks with all multiple-choice questions.
- It has 3 sections, viz.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 marks)
- General Awareness (50 marks)
- Part A- General Engineering (Civil and Structural)/Part B- General Engineering (Electrical)/Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical) (100 marks)
- Each question is of 1 mark, and there is a negative marking (0.25 mark is deducted for every wrong answer).
- Candidates can choose from the Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering stream in the General Engineering section. The time duration to complete this paper is 2 hours.
SSC JE Exam Pattern for Paper II
- Candidates who clear Paper I are eligible for Paper II, which is 300 marks and is a subjective written examination.
- Depending on their area of interest, candidates can choose their subject.
- Candidates will have to appear for any of these 3 subjects: Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- The total duration for Paper-II will be 2 hours.
Now that you are all well aware of the exam pattern, here are some of the online material you all can refer to.
Online Study Material for SSC JE
- For engineering sections in Paper 1 and Paper-II of SSC JE, candidates need to be thorough with their civil and structural engineering concepts.
- They can opt for online test series which provide the most relevant and updated content with practice questions for Civil.
- Websites provide study packages with chapter-wise books, test papers covering the entire syllabus to prepare.
- These online sites also provide detailed performance reports to enable candidates to know their areas of strengths and weaknesses.
Some of the sites from which candidates can prepare for the SSC JE exam (Civil) are as follows:
Candidates can also opt for online practice papers as given below:
- Free Fluid Mechanics Test
- Free RCC and Steel Design
- SSC JE Civil Free Test
- SSC JE Civil Study Package (English)
- SSC JE Civil E-learning- English
- SSC JE Civil Test Series (English / Hindi)
Some of the sites from which candidates can prepare for the SSC JE exam (Mechanical) are as follows:
Candidates can also opt for online practice for specific sections or the whole mechanical engineering package like as
- Free Thermal Engineering Test
- SSC JE ME – Online Test Series for SSC JE Mechanical Engineering
- SSC JE Mechanical Free Test
- SSC JE Mechanical Study Package (English)
- SSC JE Mechanical E-learning- English
- SSC JE Mechanical Test Series (English / Hindi)
Some of the useful websites include:
We hope these online materials were of help to you. Make sure you leave no stone unturned during your practice sessions. Be thorough with the syllabus, make a proper study plan, and learn to manage time. We hope all of you succeed in this exam and pass with flying colors. Good luck!