When you enter your 40s, you need to pay extra attention to your skin. Where some women do nothing and feel uncomfortable about their visibly aging skin, others dedicatedly follow health care routine and take care of their skin gracefully.
There are a lot of things that you can do in your late 30s and early 40s to keep your skin healthy for the rest of your life. Let us look at some of the great tips by a pro to look younger in the 40s.
- Exfoliate – To keep your skin glowing in your 40s, it is recommended to exfoliate more, than you did in your 20s or 30s. It is because skin cell turnover happens slower than in your earlier days. Using peels and exfoliators daily can prove to be extremely helpful as they provide Retin-A, vitamin C and peptides to the skin that are great for anti-aging.
- Drink plenty of water – Drinking lots of water is not only essential for your skin but overall health too. Drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated internally, and thus your skin can hold the moisture. In your 20s and 30s skin was automatically able to retain moisture, but as you get older, you need to drink more water to keep up with the moisture level.
- Take care of your neck – While taking care of your skin, don’t just focus on your face. Your neck is equally important. So, apply sunscreen, moisturizer, and serum on your neck too.
- Consider laser treatments – Many women don’t go for laser treatments to prevent aging, but experts suggest that you should consider them. Laser treatments by skilled professionals can help minimize acne scars, enlarged pores, lines and wrinkles. They also help stimulating collagen that aids in skin tightening.
- Never forget your sunscreen – This is the most important thing that you should not skip when taking care of your skin. Make sure to apply the sunscreen before moving out in the sun. Sunscreen prevents your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun and thus slows down the process of aging.
- Antioxidants and moisturizers are vital – Experts say that using moisturizers that are rich in antioxidants helps in keeping your skin young and healthy. They prevent the skin cells from oxidative stress and guard the glow. Also, they help in the production of elastin and collagen that helps in skin tightening.
- Sleep well – A sound sleep is of utter importance for your overall health and wellbeing. It helps to keep you mentally, emotionally and physically fit. Too much alcohol consumption can show up on your face in the early 40s. So, it becomes even more important for you to sleep well to stimulate blood flow. Your skin will thank you if you have seven to eight hours of sleep daily.