Accidents are unpredictable, frightening, and can badly hurt the people involved in them. After a car accident, you might be worried about many things like car repair, being unable to work, injuries, or in the worst-case scenario, a funeral. If you are confused about what you should do after you are, you should contact a professional car accident attorney that can guide you.
You may start by filing for a claim from your insurance company. However, they often will not offer you the amount you deserve for your suffering and loss. Do not accept their offer straight away. Ask for the help of your attorney, who can get you the right amount of compensation you deserve. Your attorney will represent your interests and will put pressure on the insurance company of the liable party.
You may be confused about what and how much you can claim. This article will help you know how much and for what you can claim. Insurance claims can be made for:
- Medical expenses: If you or any of the vehicle passengers had faced injuries and had to visit a doctor or hospital, you can claim the expenses from the liable party’s insurance company.
- Future medical expenses: If the injury is long-term, you might have to deal with many medical bills in the future. The medical bills can drag out for years to come. You must add these expenses when you approach the claim’s insurance company. They may not want to pay for the expenses that you would face in the future, but realize you would require this money in the future. You should contact your car accident lawyer to help you get the claim.
- Lost wages: Your injury may have kept you away from work. Thus, you can also claim the lost wages from the liable party’s insurance company.
- Sufferings and pain: The accident might have resulted in long-term injuries to you or even one of the passengers’ loss of life. The emotional repercussions that you faced after the accident cannot be calculated through some bill or receipt. While facing the accident’s consequences, you have suffered a lot, and you should claim all these from the insurance company. A skilled car accident lawyer will help you get a claim for all the pain and suffering you faced due to the accident. The lawyer will fight with the insurance company to get you the claim you deserve.
- Damage to the property: The insurance companies, while taking into account the vehicle’s damage, will be considering the depreciated value of your vehicle. A professional lawyer will help you get the best possible claim for the damage from the insurance company.
- Other Claims: Some other reasons for which you can claim for includes loss of enjoying life, psychological and emotional damage, loss of earning capacity, permanent scarring or disfigurement, permanent disability, or any other damage due to the accident.
When you are involved in a car accident and, you should immediately consult an experienced car accident lawyer to get advice on what you should do to get the claim you deserve for your loss.