Dry hair can be a nightmare to handle. From flyways to looking lackluster and falling off, they go through a lot in a day. But is there a way to tame them and restore their lost glory? Yes, of course! Dry hair can easily be turned into well-nourished and healthy hair with a little help from ingredients easily available in your kitchen.
Why home remedies for dry hair? Because unlike market-ready, chemically treated products, they are effective, inexpensive, ensure no side effects, and give your gorgeous tresses in minimum effort. Don’t believe us? Try the below-given home remedies for damaged hair and see your hair go from drab to fab in no time.
Put life back into your dry, dull, and damaged hair with these simple yet effective home remedies.
READ MORE ARTICLES :
- How to Pick the Bob Haircut That is Most Flattering to Your Face Shape
- How Dry Cleaners Can Help You Look Classy & Be a Better Person
- Tips for choosing a weight loss strategy based on your blood sugar levels
- How to Choose The Right Shoe For Your Workout
- Testosterone supplements – Do they really work?
Avocado & egg hair pack for dry hair:
Rich in vitamins, fatty acids, and minerals, avocado is an excellent nourishing and moisturizing agent that adds smoothness and shine to the hair. Eggs, on the other hand, aids in strengthening the hair follicles and restore luster.
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 1 whole egg
- In a bowl, whisk an egg and add mashed avocado to it
- Stir till a smooth paste is formed
- Use this paste to massage your scalp in a circular motion for 10 minutes (moving from roots to the tips of the hair)
- Leave it in the head for 45-50 minutes before rinsing it off with a mild shampoo like Dabur Vatika Health Shampoo
- Repeat the process at least once a week for better results
Coconut & olive oil hair mask for dry hair
Wondering how to repair damaged hair? Try using this excellent combo of coconut and olive on your hair. It will not only nourish your hair from deep within but also stimulate the follicles and enable the growth of soft, smooth, and stronger hair.
- 3 tbsp olive oil for hair
- 3 tbsp Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil with Hibiscus
- Take equal quantities of coconut and olive and mix them together
- Gently massage the scalp and hair with it for 5-10 minutes
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it overnight on the scalp
- The next morning, wash it off with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner
- Repeat this at least twice a week for smooth and shiny hair over a period of time
Tea based dry hair remedy:
Tea can work as an excellent remedy for hair damage due to excessive use of hair products and color. The antioxidants and nutrients help boost hair health, strengthen the follicles, prevent hair loss, enhance hair color and add natural shine to the hair.
- 2 cups water
- 1 black tea bag
- In a pan, boil water
- Transfer the boiled water to a cup and put a teabag in it
- Let it steep in hot water for 5 minutes before discarding it
- Use this tea concoction to rinse your hair post shampoo
- You can repeat this process every time you wash your hair to make your hair color stick for longer and your hair healthy & strong
Apple cider & egg hair pack for dry hair:
Want to put life back in your limp, lifeless, and dry hair? Try this easy-peasy yet excellent home remedy of egg and apple cider. Eggs have protein and minerals that add strength to the hair while restoring their lost moisture and pH balance.
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix all the three ingredients together in a bowl and make a smooth paste
- Rub this mixture gently into the hair and scalp and leave it to rest for another 40-50 minutes
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner
- Repeat this at least twice a week for a change in the texture and quality of your hair over a period of time
While application of these hair masks can help you achieve your dream hair, but there are certain things you need to include in your everyday hair care regime to keep your hair healthy and nourished all the time.
Here are yourto getting sleek, shiny, and healthy hair by bringing about little changes in your everyday hair care routine:
- Wash your hair less frequently as excessive shampooing can rob your hair of its natural moisture and pH balance and make the hair appear limp and dry
- Use a cleansing conditioner post shampooing to lock in the moisture and add smoothness.
- Never raise your hair with hot water. It can damage the hair follicles and dehydrate the scalp. Result- dry, brittle & damaged hair. Washing with cold water, instead, to seal the cuticles as well as the moisture.
- Avoid excessive use of styling products and tools as they can damage the hair and lead to , split-ends, and dry & flaky scalp, among others.
- Hot oil head massage, at least twice a week, is a must. It hydrates your locks, nourishes the scalp, hydrates it from deep within, and makes the hair appear healthy, strong, and shiny.
- Stay away from brushing or combing too much as it weakens the follicles, and too much pulling can make the hair break and fall. Using a wide-tooth combine is recommended as it gives more room to the hair and avoids split-ends and hair breakage instances.
Need more ideas on how to treat dry and damaged hair? Keep reading our blog.