The garage door is an extremely important part of your property as it safeguards one of your most valuable possessions, your car. Just like working pieces of machinery, garage doors also tend to face problem over time with regular usage. This can become a cause of extreme frustration and may even occasionally put you in a fix. While some of these problems you can probably rectify on your own, you may need to call in professional services to help you get your garage door working properly again. Remember, instead of replacing the entire door, you can simply have a few minor repairs made to it and it will be back to working smoothly.
- Sticky Door- this could be a problem you face when you open or close the door. In case you have a remote controlled door, the first thing you should do is check on the switches, sensors as well as the remote battery. In the case of a manual door, make sure that the wheel track is clear and free of obstructions. If there is dirt, make sure to sweep it off cleanly. Also, ensure that the track is well lubricated and regularly in keeping with the changes in weather and temperature. If lubrication does not help, you should consider calling in a professional to help.
- Broken door springs- using your garage door on a daily basis can lead to the springs breaking or getting damaged. This will result in your door getting stuck or moving unevenly from side to side. In order for your door to function properly, both springs should be of the same length and stretchability. If you suspect that your springs are broken, call in professionals who will be able to quickly fix these and bring the functioning of your door back to normal.
READ MORE ARTICLES :
- Faulty door opener- most common and reliable service providers offer the service of fixing faulty door openers. In the case that your remote control does not work, it can be because of bad batteries or switches. But if you find that this is not the case, then you should check your track and cables and if need be, adjust or replace some of the older, more worn out gears. Simply doing this will restore your garage door to normal.
- Loud Noises- loud noises such as grinding, squealing or screeching usually happen when opening or closing the door. This is usually because of accumulation of dirt and dust in the tracks. The simplest way to clean this is by oiling and lubricating the entire track. While you can find special garage oils to help you clean, it may also be a good idea to ask for professional help
- Dented Panels- dents on your garage doors are quite commonplace and you definitely cannot fix them on your own. Ask for professional help to deal with this as garage doors have unique structures with multiple layers of panels.
Hiring a professional will save you time and energy. In order to ease your life, make sure to find a reliable service provider.